Sunday, March 20, 2011

Iodine rich recipe

Salad of goodness on the left. Tropical carrot salad on the right.

I have come up with a tasty recipe that is rich in Iodine. It's also a raw food dish. I love raw foods because they are really cleansing to the whole body. I find that my skin glows, I have better digestion, and my energy level increased. I'm not strictly raw, I just like to have a balance. This recipe has 48mg of Iodine and serves 4 people well.


Salad of goodness
4 cups almonds
5 stalks celery, chopped
6 green onions, sliced
2 tbs. parsley
5 tbs. lemon juice
1 medium clove garlic, crushed

1 1/2 - 2 tsp. himalayan crystal salt
4  5 inch. strips of kombu, soaked briefly, then chopped .

Puree Almonds in a food processor until fine. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and half of the Avocado mix listed below.Add the rest slowly according to your taste. I like to eat this dish with sprouts and lettuce or the Tropical carrot salad listed below. Happy eats my lovies.
  These ingredients below are to be blended until creamy
1 cup pine nuts
1 large avocado
1 tbs. lemon juice
2 tbs. coconut vinegar
1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
6 medium pitted dates 

1/2 clove garlic 


Tropical carrot salad
1 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped Pineapple
1 tsp. himalayan crystal salt
1 tbs. olive oil
3 tbs. orange juice
Stir together and thats it.


The carrot salad does not have any Iodine. I just like it in combination with the salad of goodness.
I hope you like these recipes. I'll be back with more.



1 comment: