Thursday, March 31, 2011

The green lantern


 I wanted to make a drink with mint because our yard is filled with it. I just bought sparkling mineral water and I always seem to have a lime in the fridge. When I was pregnant I wanted a lot of iced drinks. That has now changed I'm back to myself and like things room temperature but this is refreshing,tasty and a great exception.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup (packed)  fresh mint 
  • ½ tsp Lime Zest, grated
  • 1 cup Cold Water
  • ½ cup Fresh Lime Juice
  • 1/4 cup coconut sugar or agave
  • 1 (10 ounce) bottle sparkling mineral water 
Instructions
  • Blend all the ingredients, except sparkling mineral water, in a blender, for about one minute.
  • Take a large glass measure and strain the preparation through a fine-mesh sieve.
  • Put ice into tall glasses and pour the prepared drink.
  • Top with sparking mineral water and serve. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment